Friday 16 October 2020

It's Friday!

I arrived at work this morning to find a bottle of sparkly rhubarb and ginger Gin on my desk! What a great way to start a Friday morning!




Work passed pleasantly and at 2pm I was finished for the week. I returned home to find some letters for my parents and I spent the next hour dealing with that. We sat and listened to Boris at 4pm - there are arguments raging about Greater Manchester going into Tier 3 with Liverpool, and the effect it will have on their economy. Listening to the figures was depressing, but Boris did say he would be rolling out new tests for people over the coming weeks, with a wait time of fifteen minutes to find out whether you have the virus or not.

I had an appointment to see Mum at 5pm and I took one of her coats with me. She came down to the garden room wearing it, bless her! We sat and chatted for almost an hour, and then I sped home to find Sophie waiting for me to start Wine Night. Keith had walked down to the pub so we settled down and watched more of Vertigo from last Friday. How the weeks fly by!

Dinner tonight was an assortment of pates, cheeses, grapes, celery and lovely biscuits. As it was Friday we opened a bottle of Port that I'd bought for last Christmas!



No comments: