Wednesday 14 October 2020

Getting annoyed!

 My work pal, Sue, brought in a big bag of recycling for me this morning - she'd been collecting it since we stopped working back in March, which was very kind of her! She had collected crisp, snack and confectionery wrappers, as well as some dog treat packaging, so that's one big bag that won't go into landfill!

Work was fine and my shorter shift today passed very quickly. At 2pm I drove home and sat with Sophie in the conservatory for a while. She had been invited to book an appointment for cervical screening and I was insistent that she do it, as I feel it's very important. She told me she'd called the GP surgery to book, but was put on a waiting list of 65 women! I was angry because this is yet another case of using Covid as an excuse not to carry out vital screening! The screening starts at 25 years of age so if she isn't called before then I'm going to look into having it done privately.

After getting changed, I spent an hour in the garage sorting out all the recycling to take to our local bins. I had been hoping that Sophie would go for a walk with me to take it all, but she was held up at work until past 6pm, poor thing. 

Keith and I did the shopping list for tomorrow, and we decided to treat Sophie and book a table at The Lamplighter for Thursday night. After her long shift at work, Sophie cooked beef tacos for dinner and was mollified by the plan to eat out tomorrow! She has certainly done her fair share of cooking this week!


No comments: