Thursday 1 October 2020

Stormy weather on the horizon!

 Today, apparently, is the calm before the storm - we're due to be battered by the tail end of Storm Alex (a storm from France) over the next few days, with weather warnings out for the weekend. Keith and I both want to get the conservatory tidied up and the other leather sofa moved out, so we can spend time there relaxing. There's nothing nicer than being cosy and warm while the weather rages outside!

Keith went off early to do the weekly shop, and when Sophie returned from the gym we ate breakfast together in the conservatory which was a lovely start to my day. All too soon it was time to go and I arrived at work to discover that Sheila wanted me to spend time putting the playscheme places on for the October half-term. I was delighted with the news but did feel a pang of sadness because the last time I did this work was back in February/early March when life was normal.

The office was very busy and noisy this morning, as we had two extra people in and there were five of us manning the phones. It wasn't too busy but it was good to start receiving enquiries about the playscheme in the afternoon! Get 'em booked in!

At 4pm I returned home and put the hoover around the downstairs rooms. Outside the weather was horrible but it has turned a bit milder so we didn't need to put the heating on like we did the other day!

After dinner of a hearty toad-in-the-hole, Keith and I caught up with All Creatures Great and Small and then I went to bed at 9pm as I felt a wee bit weary! I am so glad that tomorrow is Friday!

No comments: