Monday 26 October 2020

Flying leaves!

Sophie had an appointment for a blood test at the surgery in Guilsborough this morning, so I said I would drive her over before I went to work. It was another Autumnal morning with the leaves flying about, and the trees looking gorgeous with their red and orange foliage.

We were all done before her appointment time, and heading home for breakfast, so that was a bonus. I had a leisurely 45 minutes to have a second coffee and some toast before heading off to work. Today is the first day of the October half-term and I expected us to be busy with people booking swimming sessions. There were four of us manning the phones and, predictably, the noise was loud! We did indeed have a lot of calls about swimming sessions and, annoyingly, people moving their bookings to another day, which causes us a lot of hassle.

It was a huge relief to get out at 4pm and drive home. The late afternoon was still sunny but the dusk fell very quickly, and all plans to go out for a walk at 5pm were shelved as it was really quite dark! We played cards in the conservatory and enjoyed a light dinner of soup and crusty bread, followed by apple crumble and custard. I had a long chat with my Mum on the phone and she sounded quite cheerful, which I was relieved about. She mentioned playing bingo and watching Strictly Come Dancing in their cinema, so I'm hoping she's having a great time at last!

No comments: