Thursday 8 October 2020

A disturbed night!

We had a very disturbed night last night! Mike came blundering into our bedroom at about 1am and tried to get into bed with us, obviously mistaking our bed for his! Then, an hour later, Keith turned on the bedside light and said we'd had a power cut. He made a huge fuss about setting the clock and the alarm again!

Sophie woke me up at about 6.30am and I felt bleary and tired. She said that Mike had returned home at about 11.30pm, a bit worse for wear, which was foolish on a weekday night, but he was up as normal this morning, thank goodness!

Before I went to work I made use of the time I had and hoovered the house. Keith had gone to Tesco after dropping Mike at work so I helped him put everything away and sorted out the washing. I drove myself in and my shift passed very quickly and pleasantly. At three minutes to 4pm, we had three calls in the queue which was annoying! I managed to answer two of them (Denise was on another call) but that was it!

I sped home, deciding to go the country route to avoid the busy A43, and back home I phoned my Mum and made an appointment to go and see her on Sunday. Both Sophie and Mike are away this weekend, visiting their respective partners, so Keith and I will be childless. We are planning on going to the pub on Saturday night for a meal!

Keith made an utterly delicious chicken casserole this evening, and we popped some dumplings on top, which were all crispy on the outside and fluffy within. After dinner, we caught up with another episode of The Movies, which we are finding very enjoyable. There are still so many films I haven't seen, but which look good!

No comments: