Tuesday 13 October 2020

A quiet Tuesday

Sophie was back at the gym this morning and woke me up at about 6.30am. I had been in the middle of a dream so I felt groggy and disorientated!

Keith took me to work and went to do some shopping for the next couple of nights. Work was quiet and has slowed down a lot - I'm not really sure if there is enough for the four of us to do, but we are trying hard to enrol new members to make up for those who have fallen by the wayside.

The news is full of the pandemic ramping up again, and as we go into the winter, it's not good news. I have stopped listening to the figures every day as I find it depressing. I cannot believe how this year has turned out, and I dread another lockdown and not going to work.

At just before 4pm, the phones went down for some unknown reason, which was a bonus! We all had to log off and they never came back on again before we left, so we were all out on time for once!

Sophie had been at work all day but she came home and started making a lovely Paella for dinner. I find it real comfort food, and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal despite Sophie saying she thought it was tasteless. There was enough left over to take for my lunch tomorrow in the food flask, which will be a welcome change from sandwiches!

We watched another couple of episodes of The Movies after dinner, and enjoyed seeing films from the 90s - there were some great ones, including Titanic!



No comments: