Thursday 15 October 2020

A meal out

Keith went off to do the shopping this morning, and as Sophie was going into work, I had to use my Dad's car. I emptied some more boxes and put them in the garage because I was worried about leaving the car at work with them on show.

Work today was quiet, and the calls have slowed right down now. Whenever there's a news alert, Sara's phone goes off and it did that several times today! We have heard that Liverpool has been put into the highest tier of alert, and London and Essex have been put into tier two. This means that Sophie will have difficulty seeing Zain in London and meeting him indoors. Mike is still in London with Abbie so we're not sure what he will do as the restrictions come into force at midnight on Friday.

Before we left Nicola showed us a photo of the M&S Snow Globe Gin liqueur:



She then said that she would go and get us some at M&S today so we all put our orders in! I asked for a bottle of the Rhubarb and Ginger! At £18 they look like very good value, and a bit of a mood lift for these miserable times!

I finished at 4pm and sped home where I mooched about until Sophie returned. It's been a chilly day today so I had a soak in the bath and we got ready to go out for a meal.

We parked, finally, near the pub, donned our masks and waited to be seated. It's table service only so a bit difficult for Keith to peruse the beers on offer. We decided on fiery chicken wings and garlic bread to start, followed by steak and ale pie for Keith, fish and chips for me (there's a turn-up for the books!) and a burger for Sophie. The food was delicious as always and it was lovely to sit and chat in the cosy, dimly-lit pub. If they had the fires going, it would have been perfect!

Sophie and I shared a dessert and we then set off for home. We were all full!



No comments: