Wednesday 7 October 2020

Indulging in some treats!

I finished work at 2pm today, and I'd asked Keith to pick up Mike so I went straight home. We had some books to be picked up by a courier on Friday, and we needed a box to put them in, and bubble wrap, so I suggested to Keith that we go to Jones's.

It's been a lovely day today with sunshine and blue skies but there was a real Autumnal feel to the air. The trees are starting to turn now, and it's lovely to see all the beautiful colours as we drive about the countryside.

At Jones's, I bought a roll of bubble-wrap, and we found a box that they leave out for customers to pack their stuff into which was the perfect size. On the way home, I fancied a cup of tea so I suggested to a reluctant Keith that we pop into Waitrose. He agreed in the end, but when we drove into the car park we could see that the cafe was closed. Why?

I wanted to go in anyway and I bought some treats - two bottles of wine, some luxury biscuits (so we could enjoy them with a cup of tea at home), some crisps for Wine Night on Friday, and a couple of salads to have at work for my lunch as I am heartily fed up with sandwiches!

Back at home, I made tea and we sat in the conservatory with Sophie who had been having a bad day again. I honestly feel that she would be better off going back into work full time now, and she herself says she works better in the office!

Dinner tonight was a delicious cottage pie, and Mike was in a tearing hurry to go out, to see a friend who is going back to university. With more restrictions on the horizon, I do wonder how long he'll be able to go out and see his mates. I feel that at the moment, we are at the same stage as we were back in March, and customers at work have started cancelling their memberships again, "just in case".

I have stopped watching the news now and just try and catch the headlines. It's too gloomy!



No comments: