Tuesday 27 October 2020

Storm clouds gather

Work was very busy for us first thing, and at one point we had 18 calls in the queue! I have never seen that many in the three years I've been working in the contact centre! Predictably, most of them were to book swimming sessions, and we are now warning people when they ring that any money paid is non-refundable!

After the first flurry of calls, it did go quiet and I ran out of things to do. As yet, we have no films planned for this weekend, which is worrying. I did email the man responsible and suggested we put some classics on, but he hadn't replied by the time I left at 4pm. Our favourite, the Northampton Filmhouse, is re-opening in November and I'm sure if they can make a success of it, so can we as we have been known for putting on independent films in the past.

After Sara had gone home, the four of us had a discussion about the hours we're working, and it dawned on me that we will never go back to the way things were before the pandemic. I loved the hours I did then as they suited me so well, and it was great to have a break in the middle of the week so I could catch up with things I needed to do.

I sped home at 4pm and marvelled at the sky and the huge storm clouds that were overhead. It's been a day of sunshine and heavy showers, and I really wish I'd been able to take some photos!

Keith went out to watch Sileby play this evening so that meant only one thing - Jerk Chicken Pasta! I had marinated the chicken this morning, and before he went he watched us cook the dish. Tonight it was very hot indeed and brought us out in a sweat!

After dinner, Sophie and I watched Singin' In The Rain, starring Gene Kelly and Donna Reynolds. Perfect viewing for an Autumnal evening!

No comments: