Wednesday 28 October 2020

Christmas shopping!

Work carries on being quiet at the moment, and the madness of a few months ago is a distant memory. With four of us answering the phones, it means we have a lot of time on our hands! I am hoping that Sheila will have something for me by Friday, as there is talk of putting activities on for the children soon.

I went to get Mike at 2pm and noticed, with dismay, that the battery on my phone was dropping fast. It's obviously not right as I'd hardly used it all day! I think a trip to the Apple store in Milton Keynes is on the cards.

After getting home I quickly changed and charged up my phone a little bit. Keith and I had decided to pay a visit to Beckworth to see if we could get our Christmas turkey. We bought it around the same time last year! 

Beckworth was busy and we had a good mooch around in the shop, selecting a turkey that would do us all nicely. There is no hope of my parents coming to us this year, which is a huge shame, especially as they went away last year. I don't quite know what to expect from Christmas this year,  but I don't think it's going to be the best we've ever had!

As well as the turkey, I bought a bottle of wine for tonight to go with our fish pie, some luxury mince pies, and a packet of lovely crisps for wine night on Friday. We had a look at all the Christmas decorations on sale but I'll come back with Sophie another time and have a proper look. We did see some gonks, though!


Back home we sat in the conservatory and enjoyed a cup of tea and a mince pie. Sophie was working away, and she will be at home more often as now only four of the staff can be in the office at one time. Keith and I did the shopping list and decided on the meals for the next few days.

Tonight we cooked fish pie and I added some prawns, much to the disgust of Sophie who picked them all out, saying they were chewy!

No comments: