Monday 5 October 2020

The start of the working week.

 I really didn't want to go to work this morning - I felt lethargic and still weary from the weekend. Sophie went to the gym, and when she got back I said I would love to just curl up on the sofa and watch television all day... Of course, this is something we rarely do (Boxing Day, maybe) but the thought was heavenly!

I took Sophie's car to work and parked easily so this problem has proved to be non-existent. Sara was back today, and I think she was a bit stunned by the noise level in the office, especially when all five of us were talking on the phone.

Today seemed to drag, and it was a relief to get out at 4pm and call to get some petrol for Sophie on the way home. The weather has been rainy again but not as bad as the weekend, thank goodness. The roads around Holcot now seem to flood whenever we get any rain, and I should think the fields are waterlogged.

As soon as we were home I called the care home to see if my Dad had returned but he hadn't, so I called the hospital again. They said he was still on an intravenous drip for antibiotics but would be seen by the consultant again tomorrow.

Keith and I dashed over to the post office at Brixworth and posted some clothes back to Asos for Sophie. She'd been having a bad day but didn't have a drink this evening, even though I think she had earned one!

We watched the film Runaway Bride, that we'd recorded last night, and Keith cooked beef pie and veggies for dinner. The evenings are certainly colder now and it's so lovely to put the heating on and get cosy!

No comments: