Monday 12 October 2020

I am the winner!

I turned my phone off overnight, and this morning it seemed fine. I was able to text Sophie, and it was cool to the touch so I kept my fingers crossed! However, when I got to work the temperature had shot up again, and it had lost battery... how strange was that?

I kept it on my desk throughout my shift, and it was fine so I was mystified! Work was very busy - I had several jobs to do as well as answering the phone, and the time flew by. Sophie had returned to Northampton, and Keith had driven down to pick her up from the station. I sped home in horrible weather at 4pm - it was raining, misty and very grey.

I caught up with Sophie's news of her weekend away, and we sat and played cards in the conservatory. I think both Keith and Sophie were a bit fed up with me as I won all three games! We ate dinner early this evening and enjoyed leftover cold roast beef with bubble and squeak. Delicious, as always!

My phone seemed fine all evening but I left it alone and didn't use it. If this problem persists I'll have no choice but to get it fixed, as I do rely on it so much, especially when travelling.

After dinner, we watched two episodes of The Movies, all about films from the 1980s, which was great as both Sophie and I are fans of this era. Keith and I then decided to watch another episode of The Fall in bed, which is the only place we can see this drama!

No comments: