Tuesday 6 October 2020

A noisy one!

Today has been fairly uneventful. I felt like I was hanging around for ages before Keith took me to work! We had a busy shift, but it was also a very noisy one. At points during the day, the noise levels were too much, especially when all five of us were talking on the phone. I seemed to attract people that wanted to sign up to be members, which was great, but it's very time consuming and it's probably far easier and quicker for them to do it on their own PC or laptop!

When I left at 4pm, it was pouring with rain and we've had spells of sunshine and showers all day. We sloshed our way home, and I called the hospital who said that my Dad had been discharged. Both my parents also received their flu jabs today, so that was one thing out of the way!

Sophie had been in at work, and she rushed home to get straight into the shower. She was off out with Daisy and Laura this evening to an Indian restaurant in town. After dinner, Keith and I watched an episode about the Blitz in London and it was very moving hearing about what happened, and how the bombardment went on, night after night.

Sophie returned home at about 10.30pm. They were chucked out at 10pm as is the rule these days! She wasn't impressed with the food at all, saying our local in Mawsley is far better!  


No comments: