Wednesday 21 October 2020

The right result!

Sophie came bounding down the stairs this morning to announce that her Covid test was negative, which was a huge relief to us all. Amazingly, she had received the results during the night, so we were impressed.

Although she was in the clear, she didn't go to the gym and worked from home today. I was facing a short day and finishing at 2pm. Work was fine except for one angry woman who had left a parking fine for almost a year before deciding to do something about it. She then expected me to solve it for her. As it had reached the court summons stage, there was nothing we could do although I did say I'd try. However, that wasn't the response she was after, and she became gradually more abusive towards me. When I politely pointed out that she'd had a responsibility to sort it out much earlier, the conversation became very nasty! I was on the point of telling her I was going to terminate the call when she slammed the phone down on me!

At home, I sorted out my car insurance (once again I had to shop around as my policy had gone up by £100, even though I hadn't made a claim) and I paid my car tax. Keith and I then went to see my parents and I saw my Dad for the first time in over a month. He was a bit thin and frail-looking but he smiled when he saw us, and we sat and chatted for almost an hour.

We left at 6pm and headed home where Sophie was preparing the dinner. She looked shattered as Zain's grandmother is very ill and he had been on the phone to her a great deal, both overnight and during the day today. Once the sausage casserole was in the oven, Keith and I washed up and tidied the kitchen, set the table and peeled some spuds. We then had a short time to relax before we put the finishing touches to the dinner.

Abbie joined us for the meal this evening and then stayed overnight. We had a good chat and then it was time to relax for the rest of the evening. What a relief today has been!

No comments: