Thursday 22 October 2020

A gorgeous walk

Sadly, Zain's grandmother died during the night so he was on the phone to Sophie until the early hours. She looked exhausted this morning and decided not to go to the gym, which I was very relieved about. 

I took her car to work, and the shift passed quickly. We have learnt that our centres aren't going to open on either Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve, so that pleased me as I was going to ask for both days off anyway!

Driving home at 4pm, the weather was gorgeous so I suggested a walk when Sophie finished work. I think she needed to get out of the house, and the evening was too good to be cooped up indoors. We walked up to the village and the smells were just fabulous - a subtle mix of woodsmoke, leaves, earth and fresh air. I said to Sophie I wish we could bottle it or make the lovely aromas into a candle.

In the village, there were loads of leaves covering the path so we kicked them up, loving the sound they made! We were like big kids! We turned around at the "triangle", a patch of grass on the edge of the village, and made our way back home. The sky was a beautiful blue with light pink fluffy clouds on the horizon where the sun was setting.









Back home we sat in the cosy conservatory and chatted while Keith made chilli con Carne for dinner. Our conservatory is so comfortable now, and it was bliss to sit there, sip a drink and have a good chat!


No comments: