Saturday 23 November 2019

Working alone...

I had a bit of a lie-in this morning as I didn't have up be up until 7am so that was a bonus! Keith drove me to work and on the way in I bought a turkey sandwich for my lunch as last night I couldn't be bothered to make one!

Things went a bit awry at first as I treated myself to a Latte from reception only it hadn't got any milk in it... Then the wallboard refused to work properly so I wasn't able to see how many calls were coming in and the attachment on my headset broke so I was unable to use it, which was the biggest pain of all!

Luckily, Monica sorted me out with a fresh coffee and kept popping in throughout my shift to make sure I was OK and to offer me cups of tea, bless her. I was working alone today and although I'd looked forward to it, it was quite lonely! It meant that I had to turn the phone off to dash out to reception with 2pm cinema tickets and to go to the loo! Thankfully, it wasn't that busy and I managed to sort out my headset by ordering a replacement lead on Amazon, to be delivered tomorrow. I definitely need it for Monday, which is always busy! Sheila also came in unexpectedly and sorted out the wallboard so if it happens again I'll know what to do!

I didn't miss much with the weather, though, as it was horrible, grey and rainy again. Sophe picked me up at 4pm and we headed home in the gloom to eat Pringles and drink wine while watching a new series of 90 Day Fiance. More idiots falling for people who live thousands of miles away!

Keith had been out watching Sileby play and arrived home damp and cold. We'd put the heating on and the living room was really cosy as he'd had the fire on earlier. In fact, it became a little too warm!

Dinner tonight was homemade chicken Kiev which turned out surprisingly well and then we settled down to watch the excellent Rear Window starring James Stewart and a beautiful Grace Kelly!

No comments: