Monday 25 November 2019

Elephant poo?

We started the week with horrible weather, yet again. This month really has been dismal! Keith took me to work as he had to pop to Tesco and I had a pleasant shift working with Sara.

At 2pm we drove home where I caught up with some overdue jobs (writing this, financial matters!). The weather didn't improve one bit and it's really starting to get to me now! I can't remember the last day when the sun shone from morning until night and everything feels so damp. Our lawn is muddy and sodden and Keith and I estimate that the last time we mowed it was early September, before we went to Mallorca. We normally give it a last cut in October but it's been too wet!

Sophie came home from work and presented me with a pad of recycled paper made from elephant poo... a present from her boss who's just come back from Thailand! It had bits of what looked like grass embedded in the paper! Wonders will never cease!

I made fish pie for dinner which everybody except me seemed to enjoy. Afterwards we settled down to watch Indiscreet starring Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. Sophie wasn't as impressed with the female lead as she had been with Kim Novak and Grace Kelly but she enjoyed the film nonetheless and I loved the glamour of it all!

No comments: