Wednesday 6 November 2019

Hard work!

Today has been hard work, and until the evening, Keith and I didn't set foot outside the house! We were both up when Sophie went to the gym and I had a couple of coffees to keep me awake!

Keith tackled the en-suite shower room this morning as we had been putting it off for far too long. He had to remove all the mouldy seal from the shower and give it a good clean before re-sealing it. I headed to the bathroom with our little portable radio (Ken Bruce was back) and finished off the top of the walls before glossing the door. I was very pleased when it was all finished!

I helped Keith try and remove some of the sealant which was stuck like glue and took the shower hose downstairs to give it a good clean. By early afternoon Keith had at last managed to remove the sealant but it was a horrible, dirty job and at one point I feared we'd left it too late. When he finished we gave the glass surrounds a good clean and I washed the back splash. It looked better already! He then resealed the shower and we left it to dry.

We're getting there! Just need a new bathroom cabinet and a mirror!

A symphony in grey!


Our poor en-suite which has been a bit neglected of late...

Looking cleaner!


I hoovered upstairs and down and did a general tidy up before collapsing in front of the computer! By now it was late afternoon and we realised we didn't have anything in the house for dinner this evening so we suggested to Sophie by text that we go to the Indian restaurant in Mawsley for a treat! I think we deserved it!

I spent a very pleasant hour clearing out some old files on the computer while listening to some classic 80s music and then jumped into the bath when Sophie arrived home.

We drove over to Mawsley at 7pm and were shown to a table in a quiet corner as Keith was still coughing. I had said to him it had gone on too long so he promised to call the doctor tomorrow. Perhaps he now needs antibiotics?

We had a lovely meal and shared poppadoms with relishes to start followed by various curries. The food was delicious and the service very good indeed. Sophie and I shared a dessert and then it was home to relax before bed. I'm going back to work tomorrow for a rest!




No comments: