Friday 8 November 2019

Helping out...

I'm thankful that work wasn't too busy with calls today, as the woman who comes in on a Friday was absent due to a relative passing away. Sara helped out with the calls when it did get a bit busy and then asked me to stay on a bit later as two staff covering the afternoon shift called in sick!

I left at 3pm and sped home to prepare tomorrow's lunch as my parents are coming around to celebrate my Mum's birthday. I started off the Coq au Vin so all we have to do tomorrow is pop it in the oven and peel the veggies.

Keith went to the pub this evening but didn't drink so he drove himself, which was great as Sophie and I could enjoy a glass of red wine before cooking dinner. We did think Mike was coming back this evening but when we called him he said he was returning on Sunday. It'll mean he'll miss seeing my parents tomorrow but he said it's his anniversary tomorrow and that obviously takes precedence!

No comments: