Monday 11 November 2019

Little frustrations!

I drove myself to work this morning and had a pleasant shift with Joanne. It certainly wasn't as manic as it has been of late on a Monday, which was a bonus! At 11am we turned the phones off for two minutes to honour Remembrance Day but our manager somewhat spoiled it by shouting out a question to poor Sara who had to respond...oh dear!

At 2pm I returned home and Keith and I went over to Tesco at Kettering to get shopping for tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday. Sometimes I get a little weary of having to think up meals every night, but yesterday evening, when Sophie and I had eaten at lunchtime and we all did our own thing for something to eat in the evening, it brought it home to me how much I actually enjoy all sitting down together and sharing a meal, despite it being hard work at times!

When we emerged from the supermarket, there was a very strange light in the sky, almost as if it was about to snow! There was a very cold wind which made it feel much chillier than the 9c showing in the car.

Back home I spent a very frustrating hour trying to sort out the returned bathroom cabinets I'd sent back to Marisota. They weren't showing up on my account and I was worried they hadn't seen the returns slip I'd taped to the outside of the boxes. I engaged in webchat with two members of their staff and ended up getting nowhere... I will try again later in the week!

Keith's cough has been particularly troublesome this evening so I told him to go back to the doctor tomorrow as it really should have cleared up by now!


No comments: