Sunday 24 November 2019

Gloomy Sunday...

I was awake in the night for some reason, so I managed to sleep in until almost 9am which annoyed me very much! I felt like I'd wasted half the day!

Keith and I popped to Tesco first thing and called to see Mum and Dad on the way home for a coffee. I did think the weather was going to improve as I'm sure I saw a hint of sun, but it carried on grey and damp as usual. I'm sure this month has been one of the wettest and gloomiest for ages and the sun-baked earth of Summer is a dim and distant memory!

We had a late breakfast and at 1.30pm headed down to the gym as Sophie had a beauty appointment at 2pm. However, nobody was about and after she'd waited for ten minutes she gave up and returned to the car.

We decided to pop to Beckworth and had a snack in the restaurant. I was still full from lunch so I ordered their Spaghetti ice-cream while Sophie had a cup of tea and a slice of gateau. Afterwards we had a quick look in the Christmas Emporium and we picked out two ornaments for the trees. This time next week we'll be putting them up! I can't believe it! It only feels like a few weeks since we were taking them down!

We drove home through truly depressing weather - misty, grey and damp and the overwhelming colours were grey and brown. Horrible!

Back home, just as I was relaxing, the phone rang and it was Mike to ask us to pick him up from town. I was not happy! Sophie and I went down to get him and picked him up from Abington Park. The whole area was dark and the thought of walking through the pitch black grounds was horrible! How different to when we used to pick him up and the sun was shining and people were out enjoying the lovely surroundings!

Back home once again we enjoyed a drink and watched some more of Rear Window while Keith cooked a delicious roast. Mike didn't join us as he'd already eaten at Abbie's and he certainly missed a treat!

No comments: