Monday 4 November 2019

Cough, cough, cough...

My day didn't get off to a great start when I opened a new packet of sultanas a bit too forcefully, and they scattered all over the worktop and floor... I love them in my morning porridge but spent wasted minutes picking them all up!

Keith took me to work this morning and I was first in. My cough is now very irritating and after the first few calls, my throat was really dry so I had to go and buy myself a bottle of water to keep hydrated. I'm sure the others found me very annoying!

Luckily work passed very quickly and at 2pm Keith met me to take me home. Our new bathroom cabinet had arrived and Keith had started putting it together so I helped him. The first one I'd ordered had to be returned as the mirror was cracked and this should have been a warning to me as the replacement was cheap and nasty.

I helped Keith attach the back panel but the screws were tiny and very hard to drill into the wood. When the time came to attach the magnet closing on the door, the screw holes were out of kilter! Keith did his best but then I noticed that a piece of the wood had bent on the corner of the door and then it snapped off!

We were both furious as he had spent ages struggling to put the cabinet together and it was now ruined. I called customer services and told them what had happened (the man on the line didn't really care, to be honest) and arranged a return and a refund. I certainly wasn't going to order it again!

We boxed the horrible item up again and left it in the garage to be collected. I didn't feel like doing anything else this afternoon so we pootled about and caught up with Strictly from the weekend, even though we knew who had been booted out of the contest!


No comments: