Friday 15 November 2019

Hunting for bulbs...

I drove myself to work this morning and I was mightily glad it was Friday! It was a lovely feeling when I left at 2pm and drove home!

I suggested to Keith that we go to Brixworth to get a newspaper and also to buy some bulbs as one of our lovely residents has asked for donations of Spring flowering ones to plant in the two greens we have on our estate. We hunted for them at the small row of shops in Brixworth (the greengrocer's and the hardware store) but there weren't any so we drove to Beckworth instead.

The previously dry day then turned very rainy again and the sky went almost black! Where is this weather coming from? I bought two packs of crocuses in Beckworth, both of which attract bees and should make the green areas beautiful and colourful in the Spring. I suggested a cup of tea but Keith wasn't keen so we bought some foodie treats and returned home in the heavy rain.

The huge puddle of water had gone in Holcot, but no doubt, if we have more rain, it will return! It was bliss to get home, crank the heating up and light some candles to make the living room cosy. I had been sorely tempted to buy a beautiful throw in Beckworth, but as Sophie said, Monty would only use it as his personal blanket and dribble all over it!

Keith went to the pub but didn't drink so Sophie and I opened a bottle of red and watched The Family Stone with Diane Keaton. It was good but a bit sad (something we weren't aware of) and then we started watching Vertigo after dinner. It was great seeing San Francisco in the 1950s!

No comments: