Tuesday 19 November 2019

Scary cushion!

This morning was very frosty and I helped Sophie de-ice her little car before she set off for the gym. Keith drove me into work and it was an absolutely gorgeous morning with a dusting of frost on the fields and trees and a deep pink sunrise. Beautiful!

Work was fine and at 2pm Keith collected me and on the way home he asked if I was easily scared...huh? What was he on about? When we arrived back I soon found out...Mike had ordered a cushion online with a photo of his face transferred onto it. It was truly startling!


What made it worse was that when you squeezed the cushion, his face was distorted! He had had it made for Abbie's Christmas present and Keith and I agreed that it might make her run for the hills! He chose (I have no idea why) a photo taken in the Cathedral in Palma against the stained-glass window so his face is bright pink!

As a joke we went upstairs and I put two of our long pillows in Sophie's bed with the cushion at the top so it looked like someone lying there. Yes, we are all big kids!

When Sophie came home she nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw it!



He then put the cushion inside his hoodie and posed for pics! It caused great hilarity in the house, I can tell you!

This evening we all went to the cinema at Lings to see Official Secrets starring Keira Knightley and a whole host of British actors, include Ralph Fiennes. It was very good indeed and Keira Knightley was brilliant in it. It was about Katharine Gun, who'd leaked a US email about the war in Iraq and what happened to her afterwards. Keith and I couldn't remember anything about it so it was very interesting to watch.

Afterwards we called into the pub in Walgrave for a drink before going home and had a very pleasant hour chatting about going to Berlin in the new year. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

No comments: