Wednesday 13 November 2019

Cooped up!

I was in at work again today to cover for absence so no day off for me! I think Keith was a little miffed I was working but I couldn't turn down an extra shift, not so near to Christmas!

Apart from some frustrating calls, work passed pleasantly enough and I sped home at 2pm to discover Keith feeling a bit cooped up. He suggested a trip to Kettering so we had a coffee in Costa where the man who served me was very chatty and took photos of the patterns he'd made in my Flat White!

It has been a lovely day today but tomorrow is due to be very rainy and we have a weather warning out from midnight tonight until midnight on Thursday. the ground is completely saturated now and the roads around us are regularly flooding.

While we enjoyed our coffees in Costa we planned out the meals for the rest of the week and the weekend and then popped into Tesco to get some bits. We even bought some early Christmas presents for the children!

Back home I prepared veggies again for dinner - a curry this time which Sophie prepared later in the evening. It was delicious!

No comments: