Friday 22 November 2019

Struggling through!

I woke up this morning and didn't feel my best at all. I had gripey pains in my tummy that lasted all day, so I have no idea what caused them! I couldn't wait to get home at 2pm and have a nap but I still didn't feel brilliant.

Mike was going to Abbie's house for the weekend and I just knew that he would be going in the rush hour. As soon as Sophie returned home from work we took him down to the train station where he was meeting his girlfriend off the 6.15pm train. The queue of cars heading out of the station was terrible so he said he would arrange a taxi to Abbie's house when she arrived.

We had planned on having fish pie for dinner but that went out of the window as it would have been a real rush to get it all prepared and cooked. To make matters worse, Keith decided he was going to have a couple of beers at the pub so he wanted to be picked up at 7.30pm! He suggested we get fish and chips on the way home instead, which I readily agreed to!

I made the mistake of going to a popular fish shop on the way home but it was rammed with people and cars so we abandoned that idea and went to Moulton instead, but that was just as busy. The fish shop we used also did many, many other dishes such as Indian food and pizzas which I found a little alarming. Why not just stick to one kind of dish?

We waited ages for our food and just had time to head home, pop it into the oven to keep warm and then go and get Keith from the pub. Keith and I were disappointed with the fish, to be honest...the batter was thick and hadn't been cooked properly so that was a fitting end to a somewhat trying day! I can't even look forward to a weekend off as I'm at work tomorrow!

No comments: