Saturday 30 November 2019

Christmas preparations.

We awoke to a beautiful morning of frosty landscapes and sunshine. What a lovely change from all the rain and gloom over the past few weeks!

It was great to potter about and have a lazy start to the weekend. Sophie was going out with Laura to have lunch and see a film, so I made a start on sorting out our Christmas decorations, ready for us to put them all up tomorrow. I decided to test the lights and one small set, attached to our Father Christmas wreath, didn't work. Luckily I found some replacement ones and attached them instead.

I had a bit of a mishap when I managed to hoover up my little earbuds that I've had for ages...not a good idea especially as the cable was wrapped around the brush of the hoover! New ones are now on order from Amazon so hopefully they'll be here tomorrow!

Keith went to see Sileby play in the afternoon and I carried on sorting things out and then transferring my blog to a word document. As it was still very cold outside I put the heating on and then had a lovely hot bath. Bliss! I then watched a cheesy Christmas film on TV and fell asleep, waking up as Keith arrived home.

Sophie wasn't eating with us this evening so we'd chosen a Tesco Finest meal which was a bit of a disappointment. We had just finished eating when Sophie arrived home and she loved the fact that the wreath was lit up and our tree lights were on. I made her a drink and we settled down to watch Planes, Trains and Automobiles, which was great as always!

A couple of photos I took yesterday...



It's December tomorrow! How did that happen?!

No comments: