Saturday 9 November 2019

Birthday celebrations!

I was up quite early this morning and awoke to a misty, beautiful start to the weekend. I indulged in the last ever episode of The Affair and have to confess to feeling very emotional at the end...I actually shed a tear! I've been watching the series ever since it started so it was quite sad to think that it was all over. Maybe I'll watch it right from the start again!

Keith and I went to Brixworth to get some vegetables for lunch and the newspaper. It really was a beautiful morning with the sun shining through the mist. When we returned Sophie had very kindly hoovered and had prepared all the vegetables for my Mum's birthday lunch.

I had prepared the Coq au Vin yesterday so all I had to do was put it in the oven. Sophie made another chocolate and Guinness cake for dessert and at 1pm we went to get my parents as we thought it would be nice for my Dad to enjoy a glass of wine or two. The previously beautiful weather had turned grey and drizzly and it was horrible!

Lunch was delicious and the only niggle was that Mike was still down in London. We had a great chat and Sophie's cake went down very well! Sophie and I took my parents home and then returned to relax for the rest of the afternoon and evening. We enjoyed a glass of wine and munched on cheese on toast later whilst watching a documentary about the Berlin Wall. Ten years ago we had been in Berlin (all of us, including my parents) to celebrate my Mum's 65th birthday and also the 30th anniversary of the fall of the wall!

Outside the rain was pouring down and I heard that the road between Walgrave and Holcot was almost impassable due to water on the road. We'll all be building arks soon!

No comments: