Friday 1 February 2019

Work niggles...

Well, we had snow overnight, but not as much as expected. I was worried about Sophie driving this morning as she's never driven in the snow, but when I went to work the main roads were clear and the temperature was about 2c, so at least it wasn't icy.

I walked in to find one of the new staff sitting at my desk, so I used the very back workstation which suited me better! I think Sara asked the new Sara to work in case I didn't turn up because of the snow! We did have a lot of queries about whether classes were still going ahead but most of the roads were clear and not causing any problems. It snowed for a while in the morning but not enough to send everyone into a panic!

I learnt this morning that I didn't get the extra hours I was hoping for (Fran leaves next week) and these have been given to two other members of staff. I have a niggling feeling that Sara is annoyed with me for not taking the 2pm-8pm shift on a Wednesday that she asked me to do, but I don't want to have to work until 8pm with another member of staff who is, quite frankly, very irritating. Plus, it would mean that on Wednesday morning I would constantly be looking at the clock and thinking about work.

I have decided that I really don't want to work weekends and evenings - I did enough of that when we had our own business for 21 years - and if it doesn't go down well with Sara, then it's tough. I love being at home in the evenings, cooking, having a drink and relaxing and I'm certainly not going to give up my weekends to work. I don't mind helping out with the odd shift here and there, but that's it! Maybe it's time to look for something else!

I jumped into the bath in the evening and afterwards, Sophie and I enjoyed a drink and watched 90 Day Fiance. Dinner this evening was vegetable soup served with crusty bread and croutons and it was delicious. I'm not sure Keith was impressed, though! It's the first day of our vegan adventure and I enjoyed my hummus and cracker lunch much more than my usual sandwich!

It's been very cold today so it was great to cosy up on the sofa and while Keith disappeared upstairs to watch the rugby, Sophie and I enjoyed Jaws! It still is very scary!

No comments: