Thursday 14 February 2019

Spending a little...

It was back to work for Sophie and I this morning and we both felt like we needed another day off to recover from yesterday!

We were busy with calls throughout my shift and I also had to change all the prices in between talking to customers. Keith picked me up at 3pm and we went down to Riverside where we bought some more emulsion paint for the walls. I also bought two lampshades in Wilco's for the hall and the landing - one was very pretty and was silver and glass and when the light's on it makes lovely patterns on the walls and ceilings. The one for the hallway was a mother-of-pearl shade, which I thought would go well with the new flooring.

It was a gorgeous day and the sun was out in full force. We had a cup of tea and a cake in Costa and returned home to relax for a while before preparing dinner. Sophie arrived home and while she liked the hallway shade, she wasn't that keen on the one on the landing...OK, it is a bit like a Disco ball, but I like it!

Dinner tonight was chicken pie, but Sophie enjoyed a vegetarian one instead. We have all agreed to try and cut down on our meat intake and we think that Quorn is a great substitute for mince!

No comments: