Wednesday 27 February 2019

Sausage disappointment!

Even though it was my day off, I was still awake at 6am this morning! I had a lovely, lazy start to the day until Keith decided he wanted to go and do our shopping early, so hassled me out of the door before 9am!

We went to Aldi and Tesco and shopped up until Friday when we'll go again. As soon as we got home, we unpacked and then went straight back out again as we needed some things at Jones's. I had a craving for a sausage or bacon bap so I managed to persuade Keith to let me get a light breakfast. I chose the new Workhouse cafe in Brixworth as I kept saying I wanted to go ever since it had opened a while ago.

The cafe, as the name suggests, is situated in the old workhouse and is definitely a magnet for the contractors who are working on yet another housing estate in this already crowded and sprawling village. We went to the counter and ordered two Flat Whites and two sausage baps, which the very friendly server said she'd bring over.

As the place is so new it was lovely, clean, bright and welcoming with shades of grey on the walls and floors and scrubbed wooden tables. We didn't have to wait long but I was a bit disappointed with the food. The sausages were tasteless and I suspected they were of the cheap variety, not the meaty and herby kind that we like. The bap was also bland so not really the experience I was expecting. The coffee, at £2.50, was not cheap but came in a small cup (half the size of Costa) and wasn't a patch on their taste. Hmmm! I'm not sure if I'll venture back as although we pop to the shops opposite to use the post office and Co-op, for afternoon tea we tend to head elsewhere.

We drove to Jones's where Keith bought a new shredder and a new iron while I spent quite a few pounds on things for Saturday night and bird food. Back home we put everything away and Keith put up the new curtains in the study (not really sure what to call this room now as the old computer has gone and it's just a walkway between the rest of the house and the conservatory!).


I had changed my bed first thing so I put the sheet pillowcases out on the line to dry in the beautiful sunshine! Heaven!

After helping Keith I cleaned the house (except for the bathrooms) and then collapsed in a heap. My early start had caught up with me!

No comments: