Thursday 7 February 2019

Fake burgers!

I drove myself to work today and had a very busy shift as the phone calls seemed relentless and I had so much other stuff to do! The time flew by!

At 3pm I sped home and Keith and I popped over to see Mum and Dad for a cup of tea. I bought some flapjacks in the Co-op to take with me but both my parents weren't impressed! My Mum loves chocolatey biscuits which I can't really have at the moment!

We had a good chat and they gave me some Baptism and Holy Communion cards from the Bible they bought ages ago at an auction. I said I would try and look up the people on Ancestry and I can't think why I haven't done this before! It would be nice to contact the family and perhaps give them some information they didn't already have.

Tonight's dinner was beetroot burgers and I wasn't looking forward to eating them, to be honest! Both Sophie and Mike love real, meaty burgers so I was interested to see how they would take them! We cooked some oven chips in our air-fryer (in small batches, so they were crispy) and baked the "burgers" in the oven.

We served them in buns (which turned out to contain egg and milk...oops!) with a salad that looked past its best (even though it was in date), the oven chips and some onion rings. Mike took one bite and spat it out so that was that and Sophie said she really didn't like the taste or the texture. I gamely ate mine, as did Keith, but we certainly won't be buying them again!

I craved a bowl of creamy dessert after our disappointing meal but we had nothing in the house...good thing!

No comments: