Monday 4 February 2019

Monday morning blues...

Sophie woke me up this morning and it was a really horrible feeling knowing I had to go to work and it was the start of the week...I made her some porridge to take to work and made myself a bowl as well. To add to the gloom, Monty was sick on the rug in the living room so we've thrown it out! Hopefully, with the new carpet we won't need it!

Keith took me this morning as I had an eye test at Boots in the afternoon and we planned on going shopping to get food for tonight and tomorrow. It seems to be all we do! Work was very busy as I had the box office returns to do for the weekend films, as well as a few invoices to process, so the time flew. Oh, and answer the phone as well!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and we went over to the Weston Favell Centre. We bought veggies, fajita seasoning, more margarine and two bottles of non-alcoholic fizz to try. The Freixenet seems to be out of stock at the moment which is a shame as it's lovely and ideal for a night off the alcohol!

Coming out of Tesco we spotted my parents so we had a chat and then I had fifteen minutes to kill before my appointment. It was just nice to sit and watch people passing by! In Boots my eyes were given a really thorough examination - a photo was taken, something was puffed into them and my peripheral vision was checked. When I saw the optician he said everything was really healthy and my blood pressure was good, which was great news. Perhaps all this clean eating is having an effect already!

My eyesight has also improved so my prescription has changed and the optician gave me two new contact lenses to try out. I drove home to test them out!

Back home we relaxed and as soon as Sophie was home we tried the new non-alcoholic fizz. It was lovely, but I still prefer the real stuff! Dinner tonight was jacket potatoes and baked beans served with salad. We had some vegan cheese to go with it, which smelt funny again!

No comments: