Wednesday 6 February 2019

Bathroom hunting!

We had an early start this morning as Sophie had to be at her manager's house in Thrapston at 6.15am. I was going to go back to bed when I got home, but I didn't feel tired so I had a leisurely start to the day with a coffee and a hot cross bun!

After Keith got up I tried out our new hoover upstairs and was amazed at how much fluff and dust it picked up! As I was finishing, the carpet man arrived to measure up and check the figures we'd given him. It wasn't long before he was all done and, with Mike, we drove over to Kettering: Keith and I to do our shopping and Mike to have his hair cut.

After we'd got home and packed everything away, we had a quick lunch and then Keith and I decided to pop down to B&Q to look at bathrooms. Unfortunately, they didn't have anything on show which was a bit disappointing! I bought some testers for paint and a primer/undercoat as I am going to tackle the tackle the banisters at the weekend. I'm dreading it!

I Googled bathroom showrooms in Northampton and discovered there were two nearby - one almost next to Majestic and another a bit further along the road. We went to the furthest one first and we were totally ignored by the staff - whether they were aware we were on the premises or not, I have no idea. We picked up a brochure and left to go to the one next to Majestic and I had a look to see if I could spot any more of my former colleagues. The place looked deserted and I couldn't see any of the staff's cars in the car park so it might be that James has left (I know Jonathan has). As we have loads of wine at the moment, and time was short, I wasn't tempted to go in so I'll have to leave it to another day.

The bathroom showroom was lovely, but looked very expensive! We had a chat with one of the staff who said they offer free bathroom design, but I think the prices are out of our range at the moment. We left and went straight to Thrapston to collect Sophie as she had texted me to say they weren't far away.

This evening I felt just the slightest hint of Spring in the air...the temperature was about 10c and the evening felt lighter...is it just around the corner?

No comments: