Saturday 9 February 2019

House in uproar!

I wasn't keen on my job today (putting a couple of coats of primer on the banisters) but I knew it had to be done before the new carpet was put down so I just gritted my teeth and got on with it!

Chaos reigned this morning as Keith and Mike took up the carpet in the study and moved a lot of the furniture into the conservatory. Sophie took everything out of the cabinet and the drawers and kept asking why we kept so much stuff! Taking up the carpet and the gripper rods was hard work and Keith had to go around and fill in the holes again afterwards.

I started on the banisters with the undercoat and quickly grew to hate painting the wood! It was laborious and fiddly and my knees ached from the position I had to adopt to get it done!

Now the downstairs of the house is very bare indeed, with only carpet in the living room, but that's on borrowed time! Luckily, we can keep the sofa and the chairs in there as the carpet layers will work around them! Thank goodness for that! The rest of the furniture will have to be moved out the morning when they visit.

Sophie helped me with the painting and before long we'd run out of the primer. They look better already though and I can't wait until they're finished!

We didn't move out of the house at all today, not even to go and get a newspaper, and dinner this evening was a veggie paella, cooked by Sophie. It was definitely missing something...chorizo and plump, juicy chicken breasts!


No comments: