Saturday 16 February 2019

Cooped up!

I have spent all day cooped up in our small cloakroom, putting two coats of paint on the walls and trying to make the area behind the loo look nice and tidy! I also tidied up the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling and it has been hard work!

To make matters worse, it was lovely first thing in the morning and the sun was shining out of a blue sky. I did have the window open, though, so I did get some fresh air!

Sophie painted our large mirror and we've chosen a dark grey to contrast against the lighter grey of the walls. The paint we have on the walls is a bluey-grey and I'm looking forward to choosing a new blind for the cloakroom, as well as a new towel rail and loo roll holder as the others were a bit scruffy! This is the problem with having new paint and carpets - it makes everything else look tatty! As I was nearing the end of the painting I played some music on my phone to help pass the time and I was pretty pleased with how it looked. I just can't wait to get the new flooring down and have everything nice and comfortable again!

Sophie went out in the evening with her friends from uni so we dropped her off in town at about 4pm! A tad early, I thought! We picked up one of her friends and took them to a bar on Bridge Street for a cocktail and I told her not to drink too much!

On the way home we called into the M&S garage and bought some delicious seafood sauce to have with our prawn cocktail this evening. It was then home to have a long soak in the bath before relaxing and enjoying dinner. Mike ate with us and after we'd eaten we caught up with an episode of Death in Paradise. By 10pm I was flagging but thankfully we were called to pick Sophie up at 11.30pm and she said she would be in McDonald's! They had eaten so early, they had a second wind!

The town was busy when we went to collect her and it was bliss to finally get home and head for bed. It's been a tiring day!

No comments: