Thursday 31 January 2019

The threat of snow...

Keith took Sophie to work this morning as she is going out with Alice tonight and it's much easier for us to drop her into town and then pick her up, as there is no parking near her friend's flat.

Work was busy for me and the time flew by. I had to proof-read our upcoming new prices, which was a bit of a rigmarole and I was late finishing as I mucked up my cash-up sheet! Thankfully, Sheila helped me but it was almost 3.30pm by the time I was driving out of the car park.

We had a brief spell at home and then it was back out to get Sophie. Snow has been forecast for this evening and I just hoped it wouldn't start before we went back to get her later in the evening!

We were home in good time, mainly due to there being two accidents on the Bedford Road which stopped a lot of traffic near to where Sophie works. There was also an accident on the A45 (Sophie's usual route) so whether people were rushing to get home before the weather got worse, I don't know!

Keith cooked cottage pie in the evening and we had a somewhat subdued dinner, just the three of us. Afterwards, Keith and I watched Death In Paradise and I managed to stay awake this time!

We picked Sophie up at 9.30pm and then it was home for an early night. I am so glad it's Friday tomorrow!

No comments: