Sunday 24 February 2019

Sunday sun.

Despite her early start yesterday, Sophie was up at 8am and drove to the gym while I stayed at home and put a colour on my hair. It was way overdue!

At 11am Keith, Sophie and I went into Northampton, took the bag of unwanted items to the charity shop and drove to B&Q which was busy with Sunday shoppers. We bought a new loo seat for the cloakroom, a doormat, a blind for the same room and a towel holder.

By now we were all peckish so we headed for Starbucks where I treated Keith and Sophie to a light lunch and a coffee. Their Flat White is still nowhere near as good as Costa's! Next up was Homesense which was packed with people and the theme was definitely Spring!

Sophie found some light curtains for the study and a curtain pole that will hopefully finish off the room, and we also bought some foodie treats and a bottle of the Pinot Gris that we enjoy and discovered in Florida.

Keith was itching to get home as he wanted to watch a "crucial" footie game but he did manage to put up the blind and fix the loo seat in between watching the television! I decided that, as it was another beautiful day, I would make the most of it and varnish the front door. It was definitely in need of a lick of paint and I was horrified to really scrutinise it and see how bad it had got!

Sophie and Monty kept me company while I varnished the front door and I also managed to clean the front windows and smarten up the window sills with a good PVC cleaner I found. It removed all the annoying little marks so I was very pleased with my efforts.

Inside, I was a bit disappointed with the blind as it had some marks on it, one side was slightly frayed and the bottom of the blind was creased. I wanted to replace it but Keith refused so we compromised and he said that tomorrow he would turn it the other way...

Sophie had prepped all the dinner ingredients again so we decided to walk around the estate and enjoy the late afternoon sunshine. A lot of people were out and doing work on their houses and we had a chat with Lynn again who was doing more communal gardening on the green, accompanied by her own little robin!

Dinner tonight was Hainanese Chicken with Jasmine rice and it was delicious! This weekend has certainly been a busy one so it's back to work tomorrow for a rest!

No comments: