Friday 8 February 2019

Getting ready!

I had another busy shift at work today and it was great to escape at 2pm and know that the week was over. Keith had been hard at work in the house taking up the carpets in the hall, stairs and landing and removing the gripper rods where we were going to have vinyl put down. He'd had to fill in holes after he'd chiselled the gripper rods out and had spent most of the day on his hands and knees. He'd also been to the tip to get rid of it all and was worn out, poor thing!

The house now has a bare empty feel but at least I can paint the stair banisters and skirting boards at the weekend and not have to worry about getting it all on the carpet!

I looked up the people mentioned on the baptism cards and messaged one of their ancestors who was very pleased to have the information. I know there's more in the Bible that Mum and Dad have so I said I will look it up and send it on. I wish someone would do the same for me with certain members of my family!

Tonight's dinner was soup and crusty bread so not much could go wrong there, but I am getting a bit fed up with the relentless veggies now. How I yearn for a nice bit of steak or a roast chicken!

No comments: