Tuesday 26 February 2019

Sitting in the sun!

Sophie was visiting two prisons today so Keith drove her to my Mum's house where she was meeting her manager. I took myself off to work and had a much better day, thank goodness!

When I drove home the temperature registered 18c so I decided to enjoy the gorgeous weather and sit in the garden with a cup of tea! Bliss! Monty and Keith joined me and it was truly lovely to be able to sit out and soak up the sun in February. Wouldn't it be wonderful if this continued throughout the year?

Monty was loving being outside and I found a long thin branch and played with him, pretending the stick was a snake. He loved it! I have a lot of work to do in the garden but it'll have to wait for a while until we've finished inside!

Sophie arrived home at 5pm, which was great going, and told us some hairy tales about her day. It was the first time she'd visited a women's prison so that was challenging for her, but she still loves her job and going out with her manager.

Dinner tonight was Jerk Chicken Pasta as Keith was out for the evening watching Sileby play. We are unable to get the same Jerk paste in Tesco that we used to use so we had to make do with some sachets of Jerk powder, which I'd mixed with some oil and used as a marinade yesterday for the chicken.

We cooked this in the oven for about half an hour and made the sauce from the usual ingredients of chopped up garlic, chicken stock, white wine, cream and lime juice. When we'd mixed the chicken with the bow-tie pasta and poured the sauce over, it tasted lovely, but it wasn't the same. It was nice and spicy, though, and we made our own garlic bread from a sourdough baguette.

After dinner, Sophie and I watched the film Zodiac, about the Zodiac killer in San Francisco in the late 60s/early 70s. It scared us silly!


No comments: