Wednesday 20 February 2019

Well worth the wait!

I was awake at 5.30am this morning...heaven knows why when it's my day off! After trying (and failing) to get back to sleep I got up and made myself a coffee. Keith came downstairs with me and we caught up on an episode of Neighbours!

Sophie went off to the gym and we made a start on clearing the living room at about 7.30am. I hoovered the stairs as Keith had taken up the last remaining bits of underlay and I cleaned the downstairs so that everything was clear of fluff and dust.

The carpet fitter called us at about 9am and said he was half an hour away. We were all ready and had dismantled the television and the Sky box so I had another coffee and we waited. While he was working there wasn't much we could do but I did do a load of shredding (and managed to break the machine) as well as sorting out some recycling we've been storing (pet food pouches, Tassimo pods and crisp packets that we'll take to Milton Keynes) and I hoovered the boot of my car, which was full of fluff from the carpet we took to the tip on Sunday. My car is now seriously dirty and you can hardly see the rear registration plate so I must try and find time to clean it!

I did have a read of the newspapers but as soon as the carpet fitter had finished, we set to and tried to get the house tidy again! I was over the moon with how everything looked and the rooms are so clean and bright now! In fact, it's a bit like being in a new house!

Mum and Dad called around for a cup of tea in the afternoon and they were both impressed at how different the house looked. My Mum loved the colour of the carpet and how soft it was!




Before the furniture went back
When Sophie got back from work she was over the moon as well! The house looks so different! Keith and I were shattered but we had moved most of the stuff back and our conservatory was starting to look a lot better again!




No comments: