Tuesday 19 February 2019

Marooned!

Work was slightly quieter today but I was still busy with lots of admin jobs so the time passed very nicely. Keith sent me a sneaky text to say that the carpet man had been and had put down the levelling substance in the study, hallway and cloakroom and that it would take at least six hours to dry.

When I arrived home it was still wet so Keith and I were marooned in the conservatory! Mike was upstairs but managed to come down and swing around the banisters like a large monkey. He asked for a lift to Brixworth and we were only too happy to oblige as it meant we could get out of the house for a while!

When we arrived back I stayed in the conservatory while Keith managed to get upstairs and went and had a soak in the bath. By about 5.30pm the study had dried so we were able to escape into the living room and half of the hallway was OK so I was able to run upstairs and use the loo!

My parents had very kindly invited us over for a meal so we all picked Mike up at 6.30pm from Brixworth and headed over to their house. My Dad had prepared a lovely chilli with rice and as Sophie had offered to drive home I was able to have a couple of glasses of wine with my dinner. We had a great evening and left at about 8.30pm to take Mike back to Brixworth where he was meeting friends. It was then home to relax and watch an alarming programme about giant sinkholes in Florida!

No comments: