Monday 25 February 2019

A somewhat trying day!

Today has definitely been one of those days, both for Keith and myself! Work was busy, as it always is on a Monday, and I was working with Robyn who seemed to be forever on an outbound call, leaving me to answer the phone almost continuously. By 2pm I felt truly drained with all the queries we had and although I get on well with her, I had to ask her to answer the phone on a couple of occasions as she didn't seem to realise we had several calls in the queue.

We sometimes have work to do regarding the calls (like emailing messages to other staff) and I just didn't have the chance to catch up so it was a challenging shift! I drove home to find Keith in an equally bad mood as he'd taken the living room door off to sand down again (it keeps sticking on the longer pile carpet) but it hadn't made a difference and he'd had an annoying morning trying to sort things out in the house. Also, at 1.30pm he'd gone to wake Mike up only to find our son wasn't even at home and had been out all night! I told him off and said he really should have let us know where he was...I was under the impression that he'd been in all night as he was in his bedroom when we went to bed!

Sophie and I had sold a top on eBay yesterday (is it really worth it?) so I had to package that up and as Mike wanted a lift to Brixworth, we took it to the post office there. I was just glad we hadn't sold a load of stuff as I was in no mood to sort it all out and we'd only remembered we had items to sell on the site this morning!

After dropping Mike off we drove to Aldi and Tesco in Kettering and did some shopping for the next two days. It's been another glorious day and the temperatures reached about 17c this afternoon. It is colder in the mornings and evenings though, so it's wise not to be complacent!

We returned home from the shopping at almost 5pm and my Mum phoned to say she'd been invited to stay with my Uncle in Cyprus and celebrate his birthday. She had been looking at flights and couldn't find anything reasonable which was disappointing. I said I could take her to the airport, but I was constrained by work these days which always comes as a bit of a shock. In the old days it wouldn't have mattered at all!

No comments: