Tuesday 18 December 2018

Out with old friends!

Keith and Mike went to have their hair cut this morning and I dropped them off at the barber's before popping to Tesco. I bought a present for Keith in there as well as a book for my Dad. I was queuing up at the checkout when I saw Keith come along so I had to head him off!

We returned home for half an hour and then went to our local pub for lunch. Sophie was having her office Christmas meal today at The Britannia and Keith and I were out this evening for a drink, so it seemed the perfect time to go out to eat at midday.

The pub was lovely and quiet and we took a seat by the fire and looked at the lunch menu. I chose a burger while Keith went for his usual fish and chips and Mike picked out the steak and ale pie. We had a chat (about jobs) and had a very pleasant meal.

The afternoon was spent pottering about, wrapping presents and just doing little jobs. Sophie arrived home from work early and was laden down with cards, a bottle of wine and her Secret Santa gift - socks and a mini bottle of Prosecco. Once again, a lot of gifts this year are all about Gin and Prosecco!

The weather today has been very disappointing with heavy rain and a blustery wind. Liam and Sarah picked us up at 7.30pm and we drove into town to The Princess Alexandra pub. I was worried it would be crowded, but the place was empty and we were able to sit at a table near the pot-bellied stove. It was lovely! We didn't move from the pub (we were going to go to The Malt Shovel at well) but it was great to catch up with all our news and not worry about dashing through the rain-sodden streets!

We were the last to leave and had a friendly chat with the barmaid before we emerged out into the cold night! We got home at about 11.30pm and I think Keith was a bit squiffy! Good thing we had nowhere to go in the morning!

No comments: