Monday 24 December 2018

Out to lunch...again!

Sophie went to the gym this morning and while she was gone, Keith and I managed to get a lot of chores completed. I changed our bed and did a mound of washing while Keith ironed. I also cleaned downstairs and set the table for tomorrow! Outside the weather was lovely and sunny with blue skies - what a change from yesterday!

At 1pm we all went to the pub for lunch and we had a lovely time as it wasn't packed, but peaceful and quiet with a great atmosphere. We enjoyed starters and a main course and my choice was particularly good - I had a delicious combination of mushrooms and chorizo in a garlic butter sauce, followed by roasted herby cod with potatoes and vegetables. Keith surprised us all by having pork belly rather than fish, which is what Sophie had! Mike stuck to his favourite of steak and ale pie.

After lunch it was time to relax for a while and I prepared a chocolate bread and butter pudding as an alternative dessert for tomorrow. Mike asked me to take him into town at about 5pm as he wanted to see some friends and it was growing a bit foggy and damp outside with temperatures hovering about 3c. Brr! Luckily, he was getting a lift home!

Back home we lolled in front of the television and watched Mary Poppins with a drink and then we saw Click and Collect which wasn't that funny at all, I have to say. Mike arrived home mid-way through the evening, which was a relief, and we had a light supper at about 9pm.

I cannot believe that it's Christmas Day tomorrow! How the time has flown!








No comments: