Friday 7 December 2018

Out with the girls!

I was very pleased it was Friday today, and I was looking forward to the weekend and trying to catch up with things I'd left all week! Every afternoon has been so busy!

Sophie didn't go into work this morning as she still felt rough with a sore throat and blocked nose. I drove my car to work and spent the shift training Emma, who was great at taking phone calls, especially cinema bookings which can be really complicated!

At 2pm I drove home and Keith and I went and did the shopping for the weekend at Tesco. He really didn't want to do any more than that. His eyes are still sore and itchy and the nurse gave him some eye drops, so hopefully they will clear the problem up!

We were back home for 4pm and putting everything away, so we weren't that late. I had visions of us being out until 5pm! I took Keith and Mike to the pub at 6pm and went home to have a lovely soak in the bath as I was out in the evening to The Telegraph pub with Lynda, Fiona and Andrea for a Christmas meal.

I went back out at 7.30pm to pick the boys up and then dressed and put some make-up on. Sophie did my hair and I received a call from Lynda to say they were already in the pub and sitting at the table! I took Sophie's car as I wasn't sure about how big the car park was but I found a space right by the door, so that was good! I couldn't have asked Keith or Sophie to drive me as they were feeling so rough!

The pub was packed and extremely noisy, I was dismayed to find. There were two tables of men eating and the noise they were making was horrendous! I now find it quite difficult to hear people when there's a lot of background noise so it was hard to chat with the girls and catch up with all that was going on.

I have to say the food was lovely, though and my chicken liver pate served with crusty bread was delicious. We exchanged "Secret Santa" presents and I received some beautiful hand creams from Lynda! Just what I needed and a lot better than last week's!

For the main course I had chosen the slow cooked pork belly with a black pudding potato cake served with brussels sprouts, red cabbage and carrots and, again, the flavours were lovely. Towards the end of the evening, the table of men immediately next to us left so we could talk a bit more comfortably, thank goodness!

I stuck to sparkling water all evening and didn't mind not drinking at all. For dessert I enjoyed a chocolate truffle with sea salted caramel ice-cream. Yum!

We were all finished by 10.30pm and the girls took a taxi home while I pootled off home in Sophie's car. Bring on the weekend!

No comments: