Wednesday 19 December 2018

A wee bit fragile!

Both Keith and I felt a bit hungover this morning! He had had six pints of strong beer and I'd gone onto whisky after having a couple of half pints so we both felt a bit fragile!

I had a parcel I needed to pick up from the Waitrose branch in Kingsthorpe and my Mum wanted to go to Jones's so we called for her at 10am and drove into town. Before we did anything we had breakfast in the cafe - a bacon sandwich for Keith and a sausage one for me. I soon felt human again after enjoying that with a cup of coffee!

Mum did a bit of shopping while Keith and I looked at the wines and spirits and I went to wait for her while she packed her shopping into bags. It was then that she asked if I'd picked up Sophie's present? Duh! What an idiot I was! I'd forgotten all about it...the one reason we'd gone into Waitrose in the first place!

I went and collected it and we had a short wait so I felt like a twit! However, we were soon out and driving to Jones's in the sunshine. What a difference to yesterday! At Jones's I bought some more fairy lights for the study as well as some stocking fillers and more wrapping paper and tags. I think I am almost finished but no doubt there will be the last-minute purchases at the weekend!

After Jones's we collected Mike from his girlfriend's house and took Mum home. I planned on doing very little in the afternoon and just relaxing - maybe a nap was a good idea!

In the evening we watched Gino D'Campo's Adriatic Escape and we jotted down a lovely recipe for Panettone. It was bliss to watch him in the Italian sunshine and I think I'm developing a bit of a crush on him! Haha!

No comments: