Tuesday 4 December 2018

Health worries.

This morning it was frosty and cold and I was a wee bit worried about Sophie going to the gym at 6.30am as the back of her car was covered in ice! Anyway, she went, but five minutes later she was banging on the door to say she'd forgotten her work top!

I drove myself to work this morning and received a slight shock when Keith texted me to say that my Mum had called to say my Dad wasn't well. I asked Keith to call her back and to tell her we would go around after I'd finished at 2pm.

We called to see them and Dad seemed very listless and depressed. I think it has something to do with his model aeroplane club as he stood down from the committee as Chairman earlier this year and the weather has meant he can't get out and fly his planes as often as he used to.

I suggested they go on holiday in January to Spain or somewhere warm as they haven't had a proper break for quite a while. It just brought it home to me how much they need Keith and I at the moment and I don't know how I'd cope if I had a full-time job.

After we left them we drove to Brixworth as I had Christmas cards to send out and Keith needed some eye drops as he has sore and itchy eyes at the moment. He still has a terrible cough and cold and it's showing no signs of getting better... The post office was busy and one of the staff was sat behind the counter slowly counting cash while the queue grew and grew. What is it about post office staff and rudeness?

When we got home Sophie was already there, which was a bonus, but tomorrow she has to be at her manager's house for 5.30am. Yawn!


No comments: