Wednesday 5 December 2018

An early start...

I woke up at 4.30am this morning as Keith and I were taking Sophie to Thrapston. It was a horrible morning with a constant drizzle that made driving very difficult, especially on the busy A14. We dropped her off and drove home and I have to admit to feeling really low. She was off down to Maidstone and the Isle of Sheppey and I knew exactly what the journey would be like in the dark and the rain. It's a route we've followed many times before and Sophie and her manager were going down the M11, a road I really don't like. What with that and worrying about my Mum and Dad, I felt horrible!

I was toying with the idea of going back to bed for an hour but I knew deep down I wouldn't so I used the time to catch up with writing this blog and making my lunch. Keith went straight back to bed, but then he did have an excuse!

I drove myself to work today as I was covering an extra shift. Work passed very pleasantly as I was training a new lady called Emma and we got on really well. Sue also had a new woman training with her and her native language was Romanian, I think. One of our customers was delighted when she started conversing in the same language as him! I think she was very brave to try out for the job!

At 2pm Mike called me to ask me to pick him up from East Hunsbury so I went off to get him and became slightly lost as I'd only been to Gemma's house once before! I collected him and we drove home in the gloom, which was really horrible!

I spent the rest of the afternoon mooching about and waiting for Sophie to text me to say they were half an hour away from Thrapston. By 7pm they were back and we returned home to have soup and trifle for dinner. Sophie has now got Keith's cold and sore throat so our choice of dinner was perfect!

No comments: