Friday 28 December 2018

A sunset walk.

Things were slightly quieter at work today and Fran came in at 10am to work with me. I was glad to get out at 2pm and Sophie picked me up as she had dropped me off again this morning. She has been very good and has been to the gym, so I was determined to get out this afternoon.

We walked a little way down to the village and stopped to see if the horses were about but they were nowhere to be seen. Monty refused to come with us and stayed sitting on the drive. He's getting lazy!

We carried on and leaned on a gate overlooking the fields and it was bliss to see the changing colours in the sky and the start of a gorgeous sunset.




I always feel that the hour around sunset, when the sky is like this, has a kind of magic and tonight the clouds and the trees looked beautiful.

We wandered back to the estate and managed to encourage Monty to walk around with us for one lap. He gambolled about but was very glad to get home and have his "grubs" which he pesters us for every afternoon, from about 3pm onwards. How he knows what the time is, I'll never know!

Today hasn't felt like Friday at all - I kept thinking it was Tuesday as I'd been at work for two days. Keith walked down to the pub and Sophie and I used his new air fryer for the first time. He'd cooked some chips this afternoon but they were a bit burnt so we cut up some potatoes, sprayed them with a fine mist of oil and cooked them for about 20 minutes. Some were done, some weren't so we're going to have to experiment with the machine until we get it right! We bought the air fryer as Keith loves home-made chips made from real potatoes so we need it to be a success!

No comments: